Monday, August 22, 2011

About us

    I am a mother of 4, 2 step girls ages 19 and 18, and 2 boys of our own ages 16 and 10. Back in January 2011 my youngest son Cody age 10 began to fight me to go to school.
It actually stared back in 2009 when his youngest half sister was sent to a children's home, and then a few months after his older half sister left home.  That all happened at the beginning of the year in March and April. He only fought me two times before school ended. One time he fought and when he got on the bus he sat on the steps the hole way to school. The second time I took him and he ran from the truck, I had to run and get him. When we got back to the school the school sheriff pulled up and offered to take him. After he was in the school he was fine.
For the 2009-2010 school year he would only fight me once every other moth, either getting him on the bus or bringing him in kicking and screaming. He also stopped going to the Wednesday night Word of Life club at our church. this link will tell you what The Word of Life club is.
    In March of 2010 his younger half sister was sent to a foster home closer to us. In August She cane home for good only to up and leave and move to her mothers house where she is now. At the beginning of the 2010-2011 school year his older half sister moved back home. Cody still fought me to go to school but now it was every other week. I had him see the school therapist. She could not tell me anything. His older half sister Left home again, can't remember what month though. This mad him fight once a week.  In January 2011, after Christmas break was the worst. Every day was a challenge. I had go in for meetings with the teachers and they had told me that he has never had problems with other kids. He was also a smart student. Some were around Feb. or March his older half sister moved back in. This was no help when I had to fight her just to get up out of bed for school.
    One day I thought he was going to give me a problem getting on the bus but he got on and I went to work just to be called and told that he was being suspended for 2 days because he ran from the bus at the school, whitch was a danger for the school.  He also began to refuse to go to his babysitters house. One day I was at work and my husband came to work and had Cody with him, saying His sitter would pick him up there. When she got there I fought him to get into the truck, I stoped thinking about when he ran from the bus at the school. I said don't worry about it he would be fine at the store with me. She is an older lady and I knew she would not have been able to catch him. A few later her naghbor, his friends mom came to the store to see if she could get him to come with her. He would not.
    In May the principal had had enough. One day I had brought him in kicking and screaming, his brother came out of gym class, carried him up stares. I was called at work 1 hours later just to be told he was still carrying on and now he was lifting chairs. The next week he went to school on the bus on Monday fine till he got to school and then ran. They caught him. The Principal said "if he is going to fight don't bring him in." I said to her in privet, "with you saying that in front of him I am not going to be able to get him to go now, can I get work sent home to him?" So we did his work at home, and I was able to take him in for 2 tests, the third one was a no go.
    I have decided to start homeschooling him this year. I was told he has passed to the 5th grade.

No comments:

Post a Comment